Monday, April 24, 2017

The Final Project

I am really excited to be working on the final project. I am also in a photography class this semester so I am excited to use those new skills in another class.

My project is on taking care of the environment and my target audience is going to be TCU students.

I want my images to show TCU students how not taking care of the environment affects them personally.

When I first moved to Texas I was shocked by the vast amount of people who do not recycle. It is honestly a struggle to find a recycling bin on campus which is pretty sad.

Today in class, the image drafts are due. I have learned SO much this semester about photoshop, before this class I never used the program. I was excited to show off my new skills (even though they are not perfect.)

A few of my photos I just edited the colors and accentuated certain parts of the photo that I wanted to stand out. With the remaining photos, I tried to think out of the box and try new things.

Here are the photo drafts:

TRASH ON CAMPUS


With this photo, I wanted to show TCU students that if we don't recycle and if we litter it affects us all and our campus. No one wants to be in a place where there is trash everywhere. We also need to recycle for all of us and the future generation. These pieces of trash can both be recycled. I edited this photo by brightening it and adding saturation. Then, I selected the pieces of trash and brought up the contrast and exposure so they would really stand out.

GOODBYE ENVIORNMENT 


With this photo, I wanted to show how if we don't recycle it affects nature. I turned everything green to gray to show that one day it will all be gone if we don't protect it. I used the selection tool and turned the selected to black and white.

TRASH AFFECTS ANIMALS


I took this picture of my puppy chewing on plastic (he did not eat it) to show that if we don't recycle and if we litter it can affect innocent animals in our world. My main inspiration was images of sea animals caught in plastic. Since the assignment was original images, this is the best I could do. But I do think it is powerful because obviously if this puppy ate the plastic it would harm him, but he doesn't know any better. We have to protect animals and recycle. 
I changed the coloring of the photo and also used the selection tool to highlight the plastic.

WASTE OF MONEY


I think that this image is the most powerful of the four. I wanted to show that not using re-usable products is like burning money. For example: instead of buying plastic water bottles and throwing them away, use a re-useable bottle. For this image, I took a picture of a burning match then a picture of a dollar bill. I edited the match photo by deleting everything except the flame. Then I zoomed in on the dollar bill. I put the match on as a layer and made it more transparent so you could still see the money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment