Tuesday, May 2, 2017

IW8


Class Reflection

Rhetorical Power of Image:

During this semester I feel like I have broadened my knowledge of how to use an image as a tool to persuade. An image can be more powerful than words or an explanation because it can evoke feelings so quickly. 
As a journalism major and creative writing minor, all I do is write. I do not have a lot of experience with creating my own images to persuade because if I want to explain something, I just use words.

At first, I struggled a lot with how to execute the ideas I had because of my lack of experience with computer programs.





This was me....







Through seeing the work of other students in the class I have discovered many different and creative ways to create these images.


Shout out to my awesome PEERS!



Rhetorical Power of Hypertext:

With images, interaction, and design, websites can have a more powerful effect than traditional types of media. In my opinion this lesson was one of the most important things we have learned.
The most eyeopening project for me was when we had to find the different types of websites and point out what generation they were. This showed me why and how the more advanced websites were more persuading.

Here is my unit one project:

https://tcu-reform-steckbeck.000webhostapp.com

Unit 3:

Because the unit three project required that we could not use any text, I wanted to make my images simple but powerful. I feel that images that are more simple but work with other images can evoke powerful feelings.
For example, in my project I photoshopped a photo of a flame onto a photo of a dollar bill. By having this image with the rest of my images, I was able to show how we are wasting money by not taking care of our environment.

Here is my unit two project:

https://choose2recycle.000webhostapp.com

Adobe Skills

Before this class I had zero experience in Dreamweaver or Photoshop. I struggled tremendously with these programs at first but now I feel much better about using them. 
With both of these programs I feel like I still have a lot to learn and my work may have seemed sloppy even though I spent hours trying to figure out how to do something as simple as changing a text color. 
I was incredibly frustrated with Dreamweaver after the unit two project and was scared to even use the program for unit three.



But after I started using it again I realized how much I learned and now I am much more comfortable with the program.
I am grateful for my time in this class because I am definitely going to be using these programs in the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment