Thursday, January 26, 2017

Chinese New Year Collage

For our first mini project we were assigned to create a collage of images that are all related in some way. While searching for images, I came across a picture that related to the upcoming Chinese New Year. Growing up in South East Asia, dozens of memories celebrating this holiday flooded my mind. I knew I wanted to create my collage centered around this subject. The holiday is filled with beautiful celebrations and bright colors which would help my collage stand out.

Chinese New Year is on January 28, 2017, and this year will be the year of the fire rooster.



Each image was taken at a different country in South East Asia and most of the images consist of preparations for the holiday. One of the images I used is of PETA protesters protesting against the mistreatment and killing of roosters, which is located at the bottom right of the collage.


This was my first time creating a collage on Photoshop. It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but now I see how simple it is to create something like this.

I am excited for our next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment